1. The personal data provided will be used by the Department of Health for the purpose of preventing the occurrence or spread of an infectious disease or contamination.
2. The provision of personal data is obligatory under the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap. 599).
3. The personal data you provide may be disclosed to other Government bureaux/departments or relevant parties for the purpose mentioned in paragraph 1 above to prevent infectious diseases from being introduced into the territory, if required. Apart from this, the data may only be disclosed to parties where you have given consent to such disclosure or where such disclosure is allowed under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
4. Under the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap. 599), a person who contravenes or knowingly gives false information to Department of Health is liable on conviction to a $10000 HKD fine and to imprisonment for 6 months.
5. You have a right of access and correction with respect to personal data as provided for in sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Your right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of your personal data provided by you during the occasion as mentioned in paragraph 1 above. A fee may be imposed for complying with a data access request.
6. Enquiries concerning the personal data provided should be addressed to Clerical Officer, Port Health Division, Department of Health by email at email@example.com or by fax (2833 0132).