1. The personal data provided will be used by the Department of Health for the following purposes :
- preventing the occurrence and controlling the spread of an infectious disease (including COVID-19) or contamination (such as for contact tracing);
- processing your reporting/declaration and verifying your identity information.
2. The personal data you provide may be disclosed to other Government bureaux/departments or relevant parties for the purpose mentioned in paragraph 1, if required. Apart from this, the data may only be disclosed to parties where you have given consent to such disclosure or where such disclosure is allowed under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
3. Under the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap. 599), a person who contravenes or knowingly gives false information to Department of Health is liable on conviction to a $10000 HKD fine and to imprisonment for 6 months.
4. You have a right of access and correction with respect to personal data as provided for in sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Your right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of your personal data provided by you during the occasion as mentioned in paragraph 1 above. A fee may be imposed for complying with a data access request.
5. Department of Health will, in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and according to the nature of the personal data collected, adopt all reasonably practicable measures to ensure that all personal data are correct, kept securely and confidentially and protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use, and will follow the relevant provisions in making corrections and giving access to data.
Your personal data will be kept by Department of Health for a reasonable period of time as may be required for the above specific purposes for which they were collected and in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions. After that time, your personal data will be erased.
6. Enquiries concerning the personal data provided should be addressed to Communicable Disease Branch, Centre for Health Protection, Department of Health (by email: email@example.com). Please provide your name, contact telephone number and declaration reference number in the email to facilitate the processing of your enquiry.